Hundreds Gather to Understand the Latest Developments in ADAS Technology, Autonomous Vehicles, and Self-Driving Vehicle Technology Test and Validation.
Hundreds gathered at the Autonomous Vehicle Technology Expo, the largest exhibition dedicated to autonomous vehicle development and testing in North America. The expo was held alongside The Autonomous Vehicle Test & Development Symposium, which according to organizers, “is exclusively dedicated to discussing the complex challenges of testing, validation, verification and development of ultra-dependable autonomous vehicles.”
Organizers said holding the events together provides ample opportunity for both education and networking. Their goal was to attract leading-edge innovators that hold the building blocks of autonomous vehicle architecture, as well as those looking for test systems and testing protocols for autonomous vehicle testing and validation.
The events were held October 22-24 in Novi, Michigan and included a sold-out Live Demo Day on October 25 at the American Center for Mobility in Ypsilanti, MI.
The events included more than 50 speakers and covered a wide variety of topics:
- Radar, sensors and software
- Mapping/navigational technologies
- Next-generation wireless communications
- Development, testing and validation services and technologies
- Autonomous vehicle infrastructure solutions and technologies
- Vehicle-to-vehicle recognition systems
- Driverless vehicle components and technologies
- Vehicle-to-roadside communication technologies
- Autonomous vehicle driving/instructional software
- Complete vehicle concepts and pioneering ideas
- All aspects of testing: public road, virtual, traffic scenario, safety & crash, failsafe, public road, embedded software, cyber threat
- Validation and verification
- Autonomy software
- V2V and V2X testing
- Testing legislation